The Flame Boss 400-WiFi Smoker Controller Kit provides an upgrade to previous models, utilizing Wi-Fi technology and variable blower speed for even more efficient temperature regulation.
Customers using the 400-WiFi Smoker Controller Kit must download the Flame Boss app to connect the device to your Wi-Fi network and smart home assistant. You’ll also use the app to monitor the temperature of your charcoal grill or smoker.
Once the app is installed, you’ll have access to an online dashboard from your phone, computer, or tablet for monitoring the temperature of your food or pit remotely, making adjustments to the pit’s temperature, and setting up alarms and alerts without separate software installation.
To use the 400-WiFi Smoker Controller Kit to its full potential, keep the following in mind:
Care and Storage Conditions
To clean: After use, clean all grease and residue from the display with a damp washcloth or paper towel.
Storage: The Flame Boss 400-WiFi Smoker Controller Kit is designed only for dry, outdoor conditions. Your device and all components should be stored indoors in a dry location. Remove all probes before placing in storage.
- If you suspect your 400-WiFi Smoker Controller Kit or the power adapter was submerged in water, do not attempt to use the unit.
- When using the Flame Boss 400-Wifi Smoker Controller Kit with your grill or smoker, avoid placing it in a location where the device will be exposed to excessive heat.
- The 400-WiFi Smoker Controller Kit is not designed to work with a Y-cable or multiple meat probes. Only the power adapter provided should be used with your device. It needs to be used with a properly certified power adapter with an SELV/LPS output.
Your device will inform you of its Wi-Fi connectivity through the following signals from the LED indicator:
- Slow blinking: Controller is in Access Point (AP) mode and is not connected to the Flame Boss server.
- Fast blinking: The device is in Station (ST) mode but has not yet connected to the Flame Boss server.
- Solid light: Your device is connected to your Wi-Fi network and to the Flame Boss server.
If using the Flame Boss 400-WiFi Smoker Controller Kit to monitor the temperature of a piece of meat, insert the probe into the cut’s thickest part at least ½ of an inch while avoiding any bone.
For a clear temperature reading as you’re starting to grill or use your smoker, allow some of the coals to ash over before connecting the blower.
For optimal use, the Flame Boss 400-WiFi Smoker Controller Kit should be used in conjunction with a compatible battery and a grill grate.
The 400-WiFi Smoker Controller Kit is compatible with almost any smoker and the following types of grills:
- Pit boss 24″ Kamado grill (Kamado kit only)
- Broil king 2000 and 4000 grills (Kamado kit only)
- Vision Pro C-Series with a Kamado VC adapter
The Flame Boss 400-WiFi Smoker Controller Kit is not compatible with the following grill types and models:
- Traeger/pellet grills
- Wood/stick burner smokers
- Broil King 5000