Pork ShotsDownload PDF
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 12 Strips of bacon
- Sausage or Kielbasa
- Pimento Cheese
Recommended tools for the job
- Flame Boss smoker controller
- Sharp Chef’s knife
- Tooth picks
- Quality hardwood lump charcoal
- Basting brush
- Aluminum foil half pan
- Cutting board
- Set up your grill/smoker for indirect heat at 275 degrees.
- Place bacon in smoker for 30 minutes (2⁄3 of the way done)
- Cut the sausage or kielbasa in 1⁄4 inch slices.
- Take the slightly stiffened bacon and wrap the sausage forming a small cup or “shot glass”.
- Place tooth picks through the sausage and bacon, holding the bacon from unwrapping.
- Place the “shot glasses” back in the smoker for 10 min.
- Pull the “shot glasses” out of the smoker and brush the exterior with bbq sauce then fill with pimento cheese. (We used Hot Wachulas Sweet Peach BBQ sauce)
- Place back in the smoker for another 5-10 min.
- Drizzle serving dish with bbq sauce then place the pork shots neatly on the dish.
- Serve and enjoy!!!!
- After you cook this one you will keep going back.
- Sometimes I even place a little bbq sauce on top so it looks like there
is liquid in the shot. Be creative and have fun!