Piggy PoppersDownload PDF
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 1lb smoked pulled pork cooked ahead of time.
- 20 slices of bacon
- 10 Jalapenos halved & cleaned
- 2 - 8oz containers of cream cheese
- 3 - stalks of chopped green onions
- Favorite BBQ Rub and BBQ Sauce
Recommended tools for the job
- Flame Boss smoker controller
- Quality hardwood lump charcoal
- Basting brush
- Aluminum pan
- Cutting board
- Set up your grill for indirect heat at 325 degrees
- Cut the stem of the jalapeños off then slice them in half, remove the seeds and the membrane.
- Mix the cream cheese and pulled pork adding as much or as little of your favorite BBQ rub along with the chopped green onions.
- Place the filling into the jalapeños and wrap each jalapeno half with a slice of bacon.
- When placing the poppers into the smoker lightly cover them with bbq rub.
- Cook until the bacon reaches desired doneness then brush with bbq sauce and place into an aluminum pan... then back in the smoker for 5 min.
- Remove the poppers from the smoker and transfer to a serving tray.
- Drizzle room temperature bbq sauce lightly over the poppers using a left to right motion.
- Serve and Enjoy!!!
Season the pulled pork well with your favorite bbq rub or S&P. The cream cheese will absorb the rub favor making the popper even tastier.