Crooked Lake BBQ Smoked Chicken SaladDownload PDF
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 2 Strips of chopped cooked bacon
- 3/4 cup Mayo
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Roughly chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup Roughly chopped celery
- 10 almonds chopped
- Set up for indirect cooking and get your kamado or smoker up to 250 with your Flame Boss Controller using your preferred brand of charcoal with a few chunks of your favorite smoking wood. We use FoGo Premium charcoal.
- Season Chicken on both sides with your favorite dry rub 30 min before placing in the cooker. Two of our favorite rubs are Gentry’s Smoke Stack or Thunderbird Chicken Scratch.
- Place the chicken on the cooker and insert the meat probe into the center of the breast.
- Smoke until internal temp is at 155F then add a light brushing of sauce onto the chicken.
- Smoke until internal temp reaches 165F. Pull the chicken off the smoker and let rest for 10 min.
- Shred or chop chicken into a bowl. → Trick... keep the chunks a little larger than you prefer as they do break down when stirring in the other ingredients
- Chop the bacon, celery, carrots and almonds while your chicken is smoking.
- Add dry ingredients and mix them together well. Then add your mayo. We prefer Duke's Mayo.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate for 1 hour. Enjoy!!!
Have fun and don’t be afraid to experiment!!