Flame Boss BrisketDownload PDF
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 1 whole packer cut Brisket (11-12 lbs)
- Favorite beef brisket run or course salt and pepper
Recommended tools for the job
- Flame Boss smoker controller
- Sharp boning knife or trimming knife
- Preferred wood chunks for smoking
- Quality hardwood lump charcoal
- Large disposable drip pan
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
- Large carving board
- Brisket slicing knife
- Trimming is key. Great tips for trimming here
- Take Brisket out of refrigerator and hour before cook to bring to room temp. Remove from package, trim uniformly by removing most of the fat cap and hard fat on sides and underneath.
- Liberally coat entire brisket with favorite rub or salt & pepper combination.
- Set up your smoker for indirect hear and preheat with your Flame Boss smoker controller to a pit set temp of 325 degrees.
- Place 3-5 chunks of your favorite smoking wood (oak, hickory, cherry) in smoker and incorporate with charcoal.
- Reset deflector plate and place drip pan directly on top. Fill pan 3/4 full with warm water. Place grill grate on top. Place brisket on grate fat side up. Insert meat probe in brisket point (thickest part).
- Close smoker and reset pit temperature on your Flame Boss smoker controller to 275 degrees. Adjust your damper top to appx. 1/4 inch opening.
- Smoke brisket 5 1/2 - 6 1/2 hours or until 180 degree internal temp.
- Remove brisket from smoker, double wrap in foil and place back in the smoker until the internal temp reaches 202 degrees (usually about 1-2 more hours)
- Once internal temp is reached, remove from smoker, leave it in the foil, then wrap it in a towel and place in an empty cooler (to keep warm) for minimum 2-3 hours to let rest for more tender results.
- Unwrap, let it cool for about 10 minutes, slice perpendicular to the grain and enjoy! (for brisket flats - only 1-2 hours in the cooler.)