Candied Carnivore Baked BeansDownload PDF
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 2 - 28 oz cans of baked beans
- 1 Lb Ground Beef Chuck
- 1 Lb Bacon
- 2 Lb Dk Brown Sugar
- Favorite Pork or Rib Dry Rub
- Favorite BBQ Sauce
- Half an Onion diced
- Half a Green Pepper Diced
- Flame Boss Smoker Controller
- Lump Charcoal
- Aluminum Half Size Pan
- Spatula or Large Spoon
- Set up your grill for direct heat at 400 degrees and preheat a cast iron skillet or griddle
- Cook the bacon to the desired crispness and place it on a paper towel. (Chop the bacon up after it has cooled)
- Next, cook the ground chuck adding the onion and green peppers.
- When the ground beef is browned and the onions are translucent drain most of the grease from the pan
- Set up your grill for indirect heat at 300 degrees by adding the platesetter.
- Add the ground beef and veggies with the chopped bacon to the beans
- Stir in BBQ sauce and Dk Brown Sugar then place pan in the grill for 25 min
- Stir the beans thoroughly then shake the dry rub over the top of the beans
- Place beans back in the grill for 25 min
- Pull the beans out, serve and enjoy!
Savory and sweet rubs are great to use. Sweet heat is great too with the southwest crowds. I like to use a Savory dry rub on one side of the beans and a sweet dry rub on the other side.
Remember you are grilling so make it fun and if you think you didn’t add enough brown sugar or bacon, ADD MORE! LOL