Smoked Chicken WingsDownload PDF
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
Est 70 minutes
- 5 lbs Chicken wings (wings/drums/separated)
- Favorite BBQ/Chicken rub
- Favorite Wing or BBQ sauce
- Hickory or Pecan wood chunks
Veggies & Dressing
- Cut carrots and celery suitable for dipping.
- Bleu Cheese and Ranch Dressing for dipping.
- Flame Boss smoker controller
- Insta read thermometer
- Ash tool
- Large bowl (stainless preferred)
- Remove wings from refrigerator. Cut to separate wing parts. Liberally season with your favorite rub or seasoning. (Let them sit at room temp 30-45 minutes before placing on smoker)
- Set up your Kamado grill/smoker for indirect heat at 325 degrees.
- Best practice is to install a Flame Boss smoker controller and set to 325 degree pit temp
- Once the smoker is near 325 degrees toss 2-3 wood chunks and stir in to charcoal with as ash tool
- Install heat deflector and grill grate for indirect cook.
- Allow smoker to stabilize again at 325 degrees and place wings on grill grate.
- Some wings 20-25 minutes and flip with tongs.
- Continue cook until the wings reach an internal temp of 180 degrees (check with insta read thermometer)
- Remove wings to a large bowl and toss with your favorite sauce.
- Return wings to smoker for 10-15 minutes or until sauce begins to caramelize.
- Remove wings and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
After saucing, you can remove the heat deflector and finish the wings over direct heat (turning often) if more caramelization of the sauce and crispy char is preferred.