Old Fashioned Monkey BreadDownload PDF
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cans of biscuits (8ct can)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
Recommended tools for the job
- Flame Boss smoker controller
- Sharp knife
- Bunt cake pan
- Quality hardwood lump charcoal
- Mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- Set up your grill for indirect heat at 350 degrees
- Use cooking spray to grease the bunt cake pan.
- Use a 1 Gallon Ziplock baggie and add the granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut the 16 biscuits into quarters and throw in the sugar and cinnamon bag. Shake the bag to cover all the pieces of biscuit.
- Place the biscuit pieces in the pan mixing the raisins and walnuts in with the pieces of biscuits.
- Mix brown sugar and melted butter then pour over the biscuit mixture in the cake pan.
- Bake for 30-35 min or until golden brown.
- Let the cake pan cool for 5-10 min
- Loosen the sides of the bread from the pan using a spatula.
- Flip the pan over and put back any pieces that fell out of place.
- Serve warm and enjoy !!!!
Use a set of tongs so the monkey bread may be pulled away from the main loaf and placed onto a plate.
Don’t be afraid to add your favorite ingredients like peach, apple or cherry pie filling instead of raisins and walnuts. You can’t go wrong making sweet breakfast breads.