Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast SurpriseDownload PDF
Time to Prepare
Estimated Cook Time
- 1 turkey breast thawed
- 1 package of thinly sliced bacon
- 1 package of cream cheese 8 oz
- 2 large handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- 1 small package of Feta 4 oz
- Poultry dry rub
- BBQ dry rub
- Favorite BBQ or finishing sauce
Recommended tools for the job
- Flame Boss Controller or Thermometer
- Sharp chefs or boning knife
- Quality hardwood lump charcoal
- One or two chunks of apple wood.
- Basting brush
- Skillet or large frying pan
- Cutting board
- Spatula or Tongs
Cream Cheese, Feta & Spinach Filling
- Use a frying pan or skillet, add ½ stick of butter, baby spinach and a couple of dashes of Poultry rub.
- Once the spinach is tender and cooked to taste fold it into the room temp cream cheese. Mix well
- Then add the Feta at least 2oz. you may add more if you prefer.
- Take the filling and place in the refrigerator to cool and harden.
- Take the turkey breast and slice it into 4 equal portions
- Fillet each portion about 1/2in thick as you “unroll” the turkey breast and season with a light coat of poultry rub
- Add the refrigerated filling and wrap the turkey breast around it
- Take the bacon and warp the filled turkey breast. Use a final slice of bacon to wrap the entire breast from on end to the other to help hold in the filling at the ends.
- Set grill up for indirect heat at 325* F. (Add chunks of apple wood when desired temp is reached)
- Season the exterior of the bacon wrapped turkey breast with BBQ dry rub and place them on the grill.
- Cook to an internal temp of 155*F. Then add a light coat of sauce to finish appearance with a beautiful glaze.
- Then pull the turkey breasts off when they hit an internal temp of 165*F. This will make sure the bacon is cooked well with the filling turning nice and gooey.
- Slice then lay the turkey breast across a serving platter, Enjoy!!
Garnish serving plate with brightly colored veggies to make the turkey breast pop visually.